The adhering to recipe is a single I put together consistently to use up leftovers or distinct out the cupboards. I maintain a copy of this taped to the inside of my pantry door at all situations. With Blend-n-Match Recipes, I’m always impressed at the meals I can produce from very simple, basic formulation. I also save dollars by deciding on substances I have on hand. Sometimes I even surprise myself with a tasty almost-gourmand mixture or two!
Combine-n-Match Skillet Foods
Adapted with permission from the e book Combine-and-Match Recipes: Inventive Tips for Today’s Busy Kitchens by Deborah Taylor-Hough (SourceBooks).
Opt for 1(1) food from just about every of the following 4(4) teams:
1) Breads and Cereals (1 cup raw)
- Rice (white or brown)
- Any pasta
2) Sauce (1 can soup as well as 1.5 cans milk, broth or water)
- Product of Mushroom
- Product of Celery
- Product of Hen
- Cream of Potato
- Tomato Soup
- French Onion Soup
3) Protein (1 pound or 1 cup cooked)
- Chopped beef
- Chopped pork or ham
- Ground beef or turkey
- Cooked dry beans
4) Vegetables (1.5 to 2 cups canned, cooked or uncooked)
- Inexperienced beans
- Lima beans
- Blended vegetables
- Green Pepper
- Whatever you have about
1/2 to 1 cup cheese (any type) can be stirred into sauce at the conclude of the cooking time.
- Opt for a single meals from just about every of the four teams above.
- Stir together in skillet.
- Season to style with salt, pepper, soy sauce, onion flakes, garlic, or no matter what spices you love.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lessen heat to least expensive setting.
- Protect pan and simmer 30 minutes right up until pasta or rice is tender.
- Stir occasionally to protect against rice and pasta from sticking.
- Stir in cheese, if preferred.
Can make 4 to 6 servings.
Or, to bake in oven: blend all ingredients in casserole dish and include tightly bake at 350 F for one hour.